There are 7 global indicator used in Airlines Industry.
- WH - Western Hemisphare: Any journey from one place to another in IATA area 1 is called Western Hemisphare.
- EH - Eastern Hemisphare: Any journey within IATA area 2 or area 3 or between area 2 and 3 is called Eastern Hemisphare.
- PA - Pacific Route: Any journey between IATA area 1 and area 3 via Pacific ocean is called Pacific route.
- AT - Atlantic Route: Any journey between IATA area 1 and area 2 via Atlantic ocean is called Atlantic route.
- AP - Atlantic and Pacific Route: Any journey between IATA area 2 and area 3 via Atlantic and Pacific ocean is called Atlantic and Pacific route.
- TS - Trans Siberian Route: Any journey from Europe to Far East via Moscow is called Trans Siberian route.
- PO - Polar Route: Any journey from Europe to Far East via Alaska is called Polar route.